The Kent Karrier runs from East Peckham to Tonbridge on Thursdays
Published: 01 February 2018
The Kent Karrier runs from East Peckham to Tonbridge on Thursdays. Please find attached a link to the website which will tell you everything you need to know about the Kent Karrier and how it works:
There are other community transport schemes and I attach a link to the page which will tell you about them and link to each of their websites:
COMMUNITY TRANSPORT SCHEMES
Dial 2 Drive (D2D) is a community transport scheme for people unable to access public transport due to older age, illness or disability living in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and the surrounding areas. Volunteer drivers use their own cars to take clients to medical and social appointments. This includes appointments at local surgeries, hospitals, day centres, hairdressers, opticians, lunch clubs and shopping.
The Dial 2 Drive office is open from 9.30am-3.30pm Monday to Friday
Telephone number: 0300 777 1200
There is an annual membership fee of £20.00
- The drives are charged at 65p per mile from the driver's home to completion of journey (driver returning home)
- They will always try to find a driver who lives closest to the client to keep the costs as low as possible
- Volunteer drivers are only expected to wait up to an hour. If your appointment is much longer, you will need to book two separate drives (“double journey”)
- They endeavour to keep costs as low as possible and do not make a profit from the scheme.
Involve’s community transport service is a community based driving scheme for people living in the Maidstone and Malling area that helps people who cannot manage on public transport because of age, frailty, illness, disability or injury. Involve can provide trips to places like hospitals, foot clinics, day centres, shops, visits to friends or anywhere else you’d like to go. Drivers are volunteers and use their own cars. They provide assistance with shopping trips and outings, such as seaside trips and Christmas markets, and have a minibus which is available for hire to other community groups.
- A volunteer driver using his or her own car.
- Trips to places like hospitals, foot clinics, day centres, shops, visits to friends or anywhere else you’d like to go.
- Drivers will wait for you at your chosen destination for up to an hour or they will come back and collect you later.
- For a journey within Kent, and under 75 miles, a charge of 45p per mile PLUS a £4 booking fee.
- For a journey in Kent or further which exceeds 75 miles, a charge of 45p per mile PLUS a £10 booking fee is applicable.
If you would like to use the service please call 01622 235833 between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday and a volunteer transport co-ordinator will take your booking. You can also email email@example.com. Please note that they will do everything they can to fulfil all requests, but require as much time as possible, to allow them the best chance to find a driver; usually between 3 – 5 working days.
Compaid provide a transport service to disabled and elderly people within Kent and the surrounding area each year. Journeys vary from hospital and clinic visits to shopping expeditions and larger outings to the coast, local attractions and theatre trips.
The Kent Karrier scheme is a fully accessible dial-a-ride service which takes disabled and elderly people directly from their door to the nearest town centre. This ensures that vulnerable people can do their weekly shopping, get the chemists or the bank, and socialise with friends on the trip. To access the Kent Karrier transport scheme you will need to apply for membership to KCC. Members are accepted if they have a disability or mobility impairment, or if they live more than 200m from the nearest bus stop or train station. The scheme is administered by Kent County Council, and Compaid delivers the service. There is a £5 annual administration fee (payable to KCC) and a small subsidised fare is charged for each journey. For membership enquiries, please call Kent County Council on 03000 413 567
Age Concern Malling
Age Concern Malling run a transport service for wheelchair users using a fully adapted vehicle. This vehicle can be booked for trips including: hospital, doctor and dentist appointments or shopping. The vehicle carries 1 wheelchair (electric or manual) or a small scooter plus up to two passengers.
Contact Rotary House, Norman Road, WEST MALLING, Kent, ME19 6RL
Telephone 01732 848008, 01732 871746, 01732 873977
AgeUK Sevenoaks and Tonbridge
Telephone: 01732 454108