East Peckham Surgery – Update 20.09.17
Published: 21 September 2017
At a meeting of the full council held on 18 September 2017, the following new information was received by members
- Overwhelming response from completed consultation feedback form was for EPPC not to invest in the refurbishment of the existing premises.
- Mixed response regarding a new build, whilst some welcomed the idea others wanted the parish council to explore the portakabin option.
- Some respondents suggested EPPC did nothing.
Costing Information: Not yet received.
- Communication with CCG: The CCG has confirmed as follows:
- Provided WHC are committed to providing services in East Peckham for at least 10 years, they would commit to reimbursing WHC for premises costs.
- With regard to improving opening hours, they are of the opinion that this is a decision for WHC and will to some extent depend on the demand from local people and the degree to which extended hours are used. The CCG will support the practice.
- No comment on whether unused occupancy can or will be offered to other local GP Practices.
- When asked to comment on whether or not the surgery could be used in the package for providing primary community care in East Peckham, the CCG are in agreement and will work to see what additional services can be delivered
- Neither present premises or a portakabin are acceptable as a permanent solution
Members will now be considering all the information and will convene on 02 October 2017 when they will be expected to make a decision regarding EPPC’s future involvement.