Recruitment to Patient and Public Advisory Group
Published: 16 July 2018
Transforming health and social care in Kent and Medway, which is a partnership of all the NHS organisations in Kent and Medway, Kent County Council and Medway Council who are working together to develop and deliver the Sustainability and Transformation Plan for our area. Further details are available on their website https://kentandmedway.nhs.uk/latest-news/vacancies-on-our-patient-and-public-advisory-group/.
Please could you help us publicise the following recruitment drive.
We have five vacancies on the Patient and Public Advisory Group for the Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP).
The Patient and Public Advisory Group (PPAG) advises the STP Programme Board and workstreams on their developing plans and on their engagement with the public.
We need someone from each of the following boroughs:
We would like to strengthen the diversity of the group’s membership, and would welcome applications from:
- people from ethnic minorities
- people with disabilities
- young people.
Requirements. We need people who:
- are committed to helping and supporting the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) to be successful in its vision to deliver the best possible health and care for Kent and Medway
- are willing and able to speak up and comment on plans for how health and care is delivered for the benefit of the whole population of Kent and Medway
- have some experience or knowledge of health and/or social care services
- have the ability to work in a team and to advise and comment in a timely and constructive way
- are willing to gather views from, and share public information with, their own contacts and groups where relevant.
The group meets once a month, currently on a Wednesday morning in Faversham and communicates by email in-between meetings. Some members also offer to attend other meetings for specific areas of work. This is a voluntary role but travel expenses are covered.
If people are interested in applying, but the meeting arrangements aren’t convenient, they should still apply as we may be able to find other ways for them to participate.
All the relevant information, including the application form, is on our website and attached.
The deadline for applications is 3 September 2018 and they should be sent to:
Claire Lloyd- Cowtan, Programme Administrator, Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
Post: Kent and Medway STP, Magnitude House, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6WT
The interviews will be on 7 and 14 September. Location to be advised.