Kent Businesses Targeted by HMRC Phishing Scam
Published: 14 January 2021
Reports of Kent businesses targeted by an email phishing scam. They claim to be about the third grant for the Self-Employment Support Scheme from HMRC.
* You get an email claiming that the third grant of the Self-Employment Support Scheme is now open.
* The email will invite you to apply via a link to the website before the deadline.
* The sender email address will be incorrect.
What to do:
* If you're in doubt, do not click on any links.
* Always check the sender of the email and check the website is genuine before disclosing information.
* Report any suspicious emails from HMRC to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please warn other businesses in Kent.