Garden Waste Collections
Published: 14 March 2022
o This week’s refuse, recycling, food waste, clinical waste & bulky collections have been running to schedule.
· Garden Waste Collections
· The interim collections of garden waste were completed on Wednesday of this week.
· Yesterday you will have received notification from Cllrs Boughton & Montague that the regular fortnightly garden waste collections will start again from Monday 14 March in Tonbridge & Malling, with Tunbridge Wells’ collections restarting on Monday 21 March. Officers will again be closely monitoring collections to ensure that they are completed to schedule without impacting on other collection services.Communications & Website
* All residents who subscribe to the service have been contacted either by email or by letter to advise them of the reinstatement of the garden waste collections. Their correspondence gives a specific date for their revised renewal date to allow for the seven-month period of service suspension. This includes the residents who signed up for the service just prior to the suspension who also need to have their brown bins delivered during w/c 21 March.
* Updates have also been provided to all Parish & Town Councils, as well as posted via TMBC’s social media channels.
* We will continue to update the Council’s website regularly with the latest situation for collections and would encourage all Members and residents to use this as their first port of call https://www.tmbc.gov.uk/bins-waste/check-waste-collection-updates/1
Urbaser Update on Recruitment/Retention
Urbaser’s Contract Manager reports (since last weekly update):
· Two new loaders were inducted this week and no drivers
· One driver returned to the business after leaving to seek other opportunities elsewhere
· We are prepared for the restart [of garden waste collections] on Monday. Crews are ready, Whitespace [the collection management system] is set up and we are ready to check for hotspot collections from Monday morningCommunal Bin Recycling
· Phase 3 of the roll out of the recycling services to communal bin stores remains on track. This phase includes communal bin stores serving more than 850 properties in Hadlow, East Peckham and remaining parts of Tonbridge, the timetable is:
§ w/c 7 March & w/c 14 March Letters & leaflets to residents (allowing sufficient time to deal with any enquiries/requests)
§ w/c 28 March Bins delivered/swapped
§ w/c 4 April First fortnightly refuse collection
§ w/c 11 April First fortnightly recycling collection of new service